Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Antique Letters with Envelopes Letters to Jennie and Rebecca.

This is what I do with collections of letters. I got a big box of letters to the Nichols family. I sorted through some of them and bundled them up and tied with lace and a tag. The tag I tea dyed, the wording is printed on muslin using computer, added a button to the tag and added some tulle to the one below.
I am selling one letter on eBay, the one pictured below. It was mailed from Alton Illinos to Wapello Iowa on Oct. 21, 1864 It is a neat small size of 4 3/4 " by 2". Now is the time to bid on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220452642405












1 comment:

nancy huggins said...

I love any kind of old mail Judy and always enjoy seeing yours..I have a shoe box plus of old post catds and old letters..old utility receipts and train tickets..I would like to sell them but my vamera wont upload to my album ( computers fault though...not the cameras) I have always wanted to send you pictures of them but not sure if I can get them clear enough....maybe some day some one will come that can fix my computer. It won't work like it used to since a woman where Billy works took everything off when I had that April fool virus.
Scott is coming in Oct so maybe he can fix it.
In the mean time I will enjoy looking at yours :)
Nancy

Search This Blog

Blog Archive