Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy 70th Birthday Wizard of Oz Dorothy's House Liberal Kansas

A farmhouse built in 1907 was donated to the Seward County Historical Society  It has been fully restored and replicates Dorothy's House as shown in the Movie Wizard of Oz.  I was there this summer in Liberal Kansas, and enjoyed walking around the grounds.  I did not have time to take the tour of inside but the outside grounds were fun to explore (yes there is a yellow brick road).  I could not find the postcard I bought, or maybe I mailed it, but being that it is the 70th birthday of the Wizard of Oz I found this ad in a tourist magazine I picked up free.

1 comment:

nancy huggins said...

I think everyone remembers the Wizzard of Oz. I have the books in my guest room that were Nellies. It doesn't seem like it has been 70 years WOW

Search This Blog

Blog Archive