Friday, July 29, 2011
Deschutes River Oregon Memories of a Camping Trip
This postcard brought back memories. My Dad would fish the Deschutes River for trout. We did not go too often as like the postcard says this river is unnavigable because of its Falls and Rapids. We always camped and the campgrounds were not that accessible. We arrived one night after dark, found a campground with an empty spot. As we backed the car into the spot, the bumper got caught on a stump and we could not move. We set up camp not too happily and hoped we could correct the situation in the morning. I do remember the river was very noisy. I think we jacked up the car the next day to get out but I am not sure.
In the distance is Bachelor Butte a symmetrical cone, which looms in the Cascades at 9000 feet.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (117)
- Happy 70th Birthday Wizard of Oz Dorothy's House L...
- Deschutes River Oregon Memories of a Camping Trip
- Artist Catharina Klein Her artwork on postcards li...
- Vintage Needle Case with 50 gold eye needles
- Lazy Lazy days, reading thrillers on my kindle rea...
- Rovenna Dry Cleaners Ohio Interesting Blotter
- Gunne Sax Dresses do you remember when they were f...
- Antique Advertising Game Board for Fairchilds Flou...
- House of Representatives Washington DC Vintage pos...
- Vintage Cars Canal Street New Smyrna Beach Florida...
- "SHELLREP" artillery report from 1944, surprise at...
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)