Monday, April 11, 2011
Vintage Cabinet Card, 2 men posing but what does he have in his hand?
Look carefully at this cabinet card, study the details then read my comments below the photo.
First, it looks like these two men are posing in a church by looking at the stained glass window behind them. The young man at the left is wearing a boutinerre of some sort. Maybe he is the groom at a wedding. It's the guy on the right that intrigues me. He also has a flower pinned to his vest, even a tie. I wonder why the apron or piece of cloth around his waist. Is he ready to serve something? I have looked at this photo many times but last night I noticed that he is holding a bottled drink in his hand. It almost looks like a bottle of beer.
This is why I like postcards and other ephemera. Always a mystery to be solved. What do you think?
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (117)
- Show and Tell Postcards, spoons, old photograph an...
- Hopalong Cassidy in Border Vigilantes Postcard
- Curt Teich Postcard Archives seeking Postcard Art ...
- April Showers Means May Flowers "I hope" PFF Germ...
- Sugar Beet Factory near Santa Ana California Vinta...
- Vintage Postcard Branding Calves Out West
- Postcard Friendship Friday with Tumbling Rabbits f...
- Late Thursday Night
- Vintage Cabinet Card, 2 men posing but what does h...
- My Flea Market Finds
- Vintage Magazines from Bottles, Womans World to Ma...
- From March icicles to April wildflowers
- Thinking Spring and maybe doing a few craft projec...
- West Palm Beach Florida 1936 Vintage Postcard Poin...
- Exaggeration Postcard Dinnertime In Maine Lobster ...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)