Sunday, April 10, 2011
My Flea Market Finds
We went to the second annual Radio Tradeo Garage Sale at the Madera Calif Fairgrounds sponsored by KMJ Radio Station Fresno. I did not find any postcards but some nice embroidery transfer sheets and some handmade embroidered items.
I found a bag of goodies which had embroidery thread and I could see a pattern transfer sheet or two. These lovely Carousel horses are from an Aunt Martha's Hot Iron Transfer. I did not see them in the bag so with 4 other samples it was a nice surprise. I also have the pattern sheets. Fun to find someone elses embroidery.
From the 1950's
Superior Company....Great embroidery transfers for kitchen towels and linens.
Two more packets of transfer patterns also from the 1950's by Vogart
You can always find Aunt Martha's Hot Transfer Patterns at garage sales. These cute girls are similar to Sunbonnet Sue.
Next week I go to the Antique Tractor Show in Tulare California. It is a great show!!! More flea market tables.
I have a few of these patterns on sale at ebay (seller id papel1) but other Aunt Martha's hot iron transfer sheets are available on amazon. Just click on the above link.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (117)
- Show and Tell Postcards, spoons, old photograph an...
- Hopalong Cassidy in Border Vigilantes Postcard
- Curt Teich Postcard Archives seeking Postcard Art ...
- April Showers Means May Flowers "I hope" PFF Germ...
- Sugar Beet Factory near Santa Ana California Vinta...
- Vintage Postcard Branding Calves Out West
- Postcard Friendship Friday with Tumbling Rabbits f...
- Late Thursday Night
- Vintage Cabinet Card, 2 men posing but what does h...
- My Flea Market Finds
- Vintage Magazines from Bottles, Womans World to Ma...
- From March icicles to April wildflowers
- Thinking Spring and maybe doing a few craft projec...
- West Palm Beach Florida 1936 Vintage Postcard Poin...
- Exaggeration Postcard Dinnertime In Maine Lobster ...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)