Monday, March 26, 2012
2 New Mexico postcards, El Ortiz Hotel and New Mexico Art Museum
Top postcard - New Mexico Art Museum in Santa Fe....a monument to the Franciscan martyrs of the 17th and 18th centuries who endured untold sufferings, and gave their lives that their faith and civilization might be planted in the New World. It is a perfect type of the Mission Architecture of New Mexico which dates back to 1617, and antedating 152 years, the very oldest of California missions. The building is used by the School of American Research as a treasure house of Southwestern art, beginning with the Indian of prehistoric times, and coming down to the American Artists of today.
The second post shows the El Cortiz Hotel in Lamy New Mexico....The hotel built of adobe brick, after the Spanish and Mexican styles of a hundred years ago, is indeed quaint and picturesque. Lamy is a tiny village in the Glorietta Mountains midway between Albuquerque and Las Vegas.
(Comments taken from back of these two nice postcards available on eBay.)
Click above to see auctions.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- Cute kitty quiz! For kids but adults will enjoy t...
- 2 New Mexico postcards, El Ortiz Hotel and New Mex...
- Wooden Shoes - Children in a circle game or dance,...
- Cabinet Card from Red Oak Iowa
- Handmade Easter Cards - Bunny and Egg shapes
- Free Recipe of the Week: Brown Sugar Cake from Hom...
- Vintage Postcard Morning Glory Pool Yellowstone Na...
- Meyercord Vintage Decal Cute lady and man cooks Co...
- Handmade Easter Greeting Cards
- Rving on the East Side of the Sierras
- Wordless Wednesday
- Out with the old, damaged beat up etc and In with ...
- Old Letters
- ▼ March (13)
- ► 2011 (148)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)