Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Valentine Hearts (Easy to Make Cookies) The Cranberry Kitchen
Red Cranberry sauce hearts top cooky rounds just before baking, and, as always, the cranberry cutouts come out in perfect form unchanged by oven temperature.
3 cups packaged biscuit mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 t nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 CAN OCEAN SPRAY JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE
Blend the biscuit mix with sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Quickly stir in 3/4 c milk mixed with the beaten egg. Roll dough 1/4 inch and cut into large rounds. From 1/2 inch slices of the canned jellied cranberry sauce cut hearts with heart shaped cookie cutter. Place one cut-out
on top of each round of cookie dough. Bake in hot oven (425 F)15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe is from vintage copy of the Cranberry Kitchen with spring ideas.
I have not tried this yet, but it is interesting that the cranberry sauce stays firm doing cooking. Give it a try. I assume you can use Bisquick.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- Yosemite - Postcard Folder
- Cabelas Outdoor Store - Postcard
- Why do I not get any work done? Its Joey
- Valentine Hearts (Easy to Make Cookies) The Cranbe...
- Even This House Could Be Under Water - vintage pos...
- Version of Mary had a Little Lamb Postcard
- Envelopes from Hawaii Old Airmail Style - with pho...
- Montana's Designated Driver Humorous Postcard
- Digital Tags for my old buttons
- Vintage Print Boy with his puppies
- Relatives in Washington State 1900 Old Photograph
- ak-sar-ben spells what backwards? And how many peo...
- Postcard with 1913 calendar
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2011 (148)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)