Thursday, December 22, 2011
Rare Postal History Covers Mariposa County U.S.P.O.D.
These packages were sent to different post offices in Mariposa County, but used around the USA. This is a very scarce postmark of Grant, a town in Mariposa County which I cannot find out much information. There were many towns with post offices during the Gold Rush. Much of the land was part of the John C Fremont Land Grant. On my eBay 5 USPOD Registered Packages on auction. site you will find this envelope and 4 others sale. Towns besides Grant I am selling is Jerseydale, Indian Gulch, Darrah, and Mt. Bullion. Some of these towns still exist but no longer have post offices.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (117)
- Happy New Year to all ! I am looking forward to m...
- The Winner Biloxi Regatta 1909
- Making Angels
- Rare Postal History Covers Mariposa County U.S.P.O...
- Daily Deals for Sewing, Quilting, Stitching, Embro...
- Casper the Cat - Snack Time
- Vintage Hankerchief
- Vintage RV Travel Trailer.
- Christmas Postcard - Santa with a toy for a Child
- Seasons Greetings from Happy Snowman
- Free Christmas Tags from Gooseberry Patch
- Picture Perfect
- Tuck's Die Cut Little Red Riding Hood 6 small pane...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)