Sunday, October 16, 2011
Jet Boats up the Rogue River, Gold Beach to Agness Oregon Vintage Postcard
I spent many summers on the Rogue River so my Dad could fish for Steelhead. We stayed 7 miles up from Gold Beach at Lucky Lodge. In the 1950's the road was dirt and narrow. We would meet Logging Trucks and I would hold my breath as we passed them. We took the jet books like the ones pictured except ours was run by the Mail Service (delivering mail) There was no road to Agness from the mouth of the river so residents and tourists took these fast boats up to Agness. Now there is a paved road to Agness. Fond memories. I use to wave to the passengers while standing by the river.
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (117)
- Vintage Sewing Buttons Lady Washington Pearls and ...
- Me and the Ocean Balboa California Vintage Postcar...
- Jet Boats up the Rogue River, Gold Beach to Agness...
- Arch New Mexico Cover - Postcard Friendship Friday...
- Baseball Season - Coke Ad and Cincinnati Redlegs 1...
- Nasson College Springvale Maine Brown Hall 1969 Po...
- Rubber Stamped Postcards from my Pen Pal Collectio...
- ▼ October (7)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)