Thursday, June 17, 2010
See 'Em Alive Zoo Red Lodge Montana Postcards Postcard Friendship Friday
When mining declined in Red Lodge Montana local residents tried to bring tourists to the area. The See 'em Alive Zoo had 47 species of game for the visitor to view. The bottom postcard showing the building with cars was copyrighted in 1946 otherwise I am not sure when the park opened. Admission for adults was 10 cents, and for children 5 Cents.
Written on the back of the card it reads The 'See "Em Alive Zoo in Montana has over 200 native wild animals and birds. Located on the outsirts of Red Lodge on the new scenic Route No 12, Northeast Entrance to Yellowstone Park.
The postcard of the Buffalo is at a zoo called the Red Lodge Zoo. I am not sure if these are the same 2 zoos. The Red Lodge Zoo opened in 1928 and covers 7 1/2 acres of over 200 animals and birds. From the mentioning of 200 animals on both cards I assume they were the same.
I have visited Red Lodge several times and do not remember seeing any zoo! But if you go there a tour of the prison (closed to prisoners) is well worth it. A beautiful part of Montana.
NOTE: Due to my busy schedule I decided to submit Thursdays entry as my Postcard for Postcard Friendship Friday To see more go to
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (107)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (148)
- Vintage Missouri Postcard Folders on 7 day auction...
- Paper Doilies - Do you ever use them?
- Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges New York1911 Postca...
- Estate Sale Finds Vintage Buttons and Santa die cu...
- See 'Em Alive Zoo Red Lodge Montana Postcards Post...
- For Dear Little Babys 1st Birthday, Vintage Baby C...
- Harrahs Club Lake Tahoe, Nevada Stateline Old cars...
- Vintage Wallpaper and Linoleum Bannack State Park ...
- Havana - Baseball novel with a storyline of Cuba ...
- Beautiful Bookmarks - with some Bling!
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2009 (136)