Saturday, October 27, 2012
Near Everett Washington Mill, Boom logging RPPC Postcard
Boom logging is the sorting of floating logs into rafts or booms for transporting to nearby mills.
RPPC - One over Everett Washington Mills with a great photograph of floating booms.
" On the back there is some very interesting notes about this operation. Read below.
Booming Ground Leased from the Gov - where it is calm and my blows(?) won't take them away.
8 Sections make a raft.
From Washington Canadian (10 or 15 rafts)
Oregon Cedar (c logs very large)"
Boom where put in a circle.......I think the person writing these notes was listening to presentation about booming and decided to write down quick facts. Just a guess on my part.
- ► 2014 (41)
- ► 2013 (107)
- How to Not Wind Up on Page 44 of a Google Search: ...
- Near Everett Washington Mill, Boom logging RPPC Po...
- MT. Rainier Mirrored in Lake Spanaway Looks good u...
- Halloween Vintage Postcard
- Julia Parker Indian Basket Weaver Yosemite Nationa...
- Coffee Buying Tips: Newsletter Issue #6
- Postal History Cover Yosemite Falls Hotel 1878 Cal...
- Kitten postcards "Wearing a Hat" and "Smelling the...
- ▼ October (8)
- ► 2011 (148)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (136)