Monday, August 27, 2012

Rving in the West

In 7 days we put on 1800 miles and had a great 6 nights at RV parks.  It started out very hot.  We did cool off as we drove over Tioga Pass in Yosemite arriving in Hawthorne Nevada to 95 degree temps.  And it did not cool off until after midnight.  From there the scenic drive took us through Austin on Highway 50 claimed to be the loneliest highway in the country.  We stopped to shop in Battle Mountain and stayed at the Double Dice RV park in Elko .  It was full and also hot.  The next day took us to Hagerman Idaho near the Snake River.  A very scenic area.  It was smokey near Boise but our favorite stop was at Baker City in Eastern Oregon where we stayed 2 nights with a side trip to La Grande.  Between these two historic towns were at least 4 antique stores and about 5 Quilt stores.  Yes I bought some fabric mostly panels which I will share later.  And I bought 22 postcards several unique ones.  Joey loved all the dogs in the parks.  We drove to the Reno area for the last night then home yesterday.

I managed to mail 2 postcards while traveling sold on eBay and am now getting 2 others ready to mail while getting bids while I was leisurely playing tourist.  Now I am home recovering and planning for the next trip.  (And scanning my new purchases for more listings.)  No photos yet.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive