Friday, August 3, 2012

Recipe and Instruction Book Hamilton Beach Mixette

Just love the apron this lovely lady is wearing as she cooks with her hand mixer "the Mixette"
Lots of good recipes...some we would still cook today.  Below the picture of the booklet is one recipe.
Fluffy 7 minute Frosting
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup cold water
1 T light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Place all ingredients except vanilla in top of a double boiler over boiling water.  Beat at speed 2 until ingredients are well mixed, then at speed 3 for seven minutes or until mixture will form a peak when beater is lifted.  Remove from water and add vanilla.  Spread on cake.

Well if I got out of my chair and spent more time in the kitchen this frosting would be better then what I spread out of a Can!

Shared Postcard
Back of a postcard folder.  At least I don't have to go to the outhouse anymore.  Ah the comforts of a travel trailer.


2 comments:

Christine H. said...

It makes me want to bake something right now. It also makes me feel very sentimental about old electric appliances that would last for decades. I bet this mixer was well made.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I love the apron she is wearing as well! I remember 7 minute frosting.........a wonderful taste that can't be duplicated in store bought! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive