Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday Sharing Day Vesuvius Postcard, Coasters to mail, Candle Mat

Napoli Panorama col Vesuvio Mailed in 1907
View of Naples Italy with Vesuvius in the background


These are square postcards, a set of four...of the colors of New England.  Just peel and mail.  Probably from the 1980's. 


I do manage to do crafts between working on my postcard collection.
I really had fun making this candle mat.  It is from a pattern sold by Bareroots. (I did vary the colors that were suggested on the patterrn due to what I had on hand.
I love working with felted wool.  The directions included dying wool for the variaged appearance of the trout.

4 comments:

HereBeDragons said...

Very nice. Reminds me of an old movie I watched on Netflix streaming that was set in Italy. I just can't remember the name...

nancy huggins said...

Wow Judy...that candle mat is really cool and I like the New England Post card the best. I have never seen the peel off post cards like that.

Christine H. said...

That Mt. Vesuvius postcard is fabulous. What a great view. I also LOVE that candle mat you made. Lovely.

Postcardy said...

I have some of those coaster postcards. Mine are all humorous ones, not scenes.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive