Saturday, October 27, 2012

Near Everett Washington Mill, Boom logging RPPC Postcard




Boom logging is the sorting of floating logs into rafts or booms for transporting to nearby mills.  
RPPC - One over Everett Washington Mills with a great photograph of floating booms. 

" On the back there is some very interesting notes about this operation. Read below.
Booming Ground Leased from the Gov - where it is calm and my blows(?) won't take them away.
8 Sections make a raft.
From Washington Canadian (10 or 15 rafts)
Oregon Cedar (c logs very large)"
Boom where put in a circle.......I think the person writing these notes was listening to  presentation about booming and decided to write down quick facts.  Just a guess on my part. 
On eBay

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Judy. I've been browsing your lovely blog. Adore all the images and stories. Thanks so much for sharing these. I am now following and look forward to many visits! xo Pam

Search This Blog

Blog Archive