Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lavender Tea Cookies

Every year I make Lavender Tea Cookies using the Fresh Lavender from my Garden.
Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes til Golden in color with light brown edges. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Makes about 30 cookies.
1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup minus 1 T superfine sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup minus 1 T of self rising flour
1 T fresh Lavender Flowers
Cream butter and sugar. Add Egg and mix. Add flour and stir. Add Fresh lavender flowers. Drop spoonful of dough on parchment paper. Watch closely as they bake. Times vary according to the size of the cookie. I used margarine instead of butter. I used a good baking sugar, not sure if it was superfine.

3 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

These look so good and sound delicious. I am not sure where I can find fresh lavender....any ideas? Thanks for sharing the recipe. blessings,Kathleen

Marie Reed said...

I could make these right now! Fantastic! I have tons of lavender in my backyard!

Louise's Musings HerbsCraftsGifts.com said...

How neat. I have made these several times and served them aat the Grand Opening of our Natural Healing Herb store many, many years ago. Yummy!!!

Louise

Search This Blog

Blog Archive