Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Handmade Postcard and ATC's



Making Fabric Postcards has been increasingly popular with Mixed Media Artists, Quilters, and others. I had bought several books about making Fabric Postcards and decided to just get out the sewing machine and have my hand at it. I started with a basic piece of felted wool, stitched on lace, word phrases (I printed them on my computer) and tag. Added a handmade yo yo I made. Added a piece of muslin on the back and a strip with words Post Card, and Place Stamp Here. You can mail these direct but with the button I would probably put it in an envelope. Below are Artist Trading Cards (ATC) small versions of ones art work which are traded with other artists. They are usually 2 1/2 in by 3 1/2 in. This was new for me and I have lots to learn.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive